This week in my Advanced Channel class I have set an at-home task for my students to have a tech-free day. What I found really interesting was the reaction from some of my students when I announced this week’s challenge. One beautiful woman said too easy! I do this all the time. I found other students wanting to know the exact details. How long for? Does watching TV count? 8, 16, or 24hrs?
Then came an enlightened conversation about all the fun things we could choose to do with all the extra time we now have on our hands.
I announced to my family today that I’ll be having a tech-free day on Sunday? Does anyone want to join me?
Nope. Guess I’m going it alone – I’ll let you know how I go next week when I’m back on technology. Here are my top 30 list of activities you can do when you are having a well-earned break from technology.
MY TOP 30 IDEAS
1. Read a book
2. Have a bath
3. Go to the beach and watch the sunset
4. Go for a bushwalk
5. Have a coffee with a friend or loved one
6. Visit your parents
7. Write a thank you letter to a friend
8. Seduce your hubby or partner
9. Play a board game
10. Dance like no one is watching
11. Light a candle and meditate
12. Do an angel card reading for you or your friend
13. Take the dog for a walk
14. Cook something new
15. Look at old photo albums
16. Do an art and craft activity
17. Give a friend or family member Reiki
18. Receive Reiki from one of your fellow students
19. Send Distant Healing to the earth by visualising a healthy COVID free planet
20. Re-read your Reiki workbooks
21. Toast marshmallows over a fire
22. Wash car
23. Chalk drawing on the driveway
25. Spring clean
26. Bake bread from scratch
27. Paint your fingernails or toes
28. Read a magazine
29. Write a blog
30. Write a list of the things you achieved this year big and small
When was the last time you took a good break from technology?
Let us know in the comments below. xoxo